Mrs. Beazley's Basil-Tomato Frittata
Prep Time: 20mins. ✦ Bake Time: 35-45mins. ✦ Serves: 8
- 1 C. (8oz.) shredded Italian cheese blend*
- 6-8 eggs
- ¾ C. cottage cheese
- ¾ C. plain yogurt
- 2 tsp. dried basil, divided
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- 1 can (15oz.) Italian tomatoes, drained
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb blend
- 12 cherry tomatos, halved** OR 3 Tbsp. sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh basil, cut into chiffonade, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a 10” pie plate or 8 small ramekins with vegetable spray.
Distribute 8 ounces shredded Italian cheeses in bottom of ramekins.
In a blender, mix eggs, cottage cheese, yogurt, ½ of the dried basil, and granulated onion. Pour egg mixture over cheese.
Sprinkle crumbled feta over top then finish with a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash garlic herb blend & remaining dried basil or fresh cracked pepper.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
Garnish with cherry tomatoes or minced sun-dried tomatoes & fresh basil if desired.
*Cook’s Note: If Italian cheese blend is not available, combine your favorite mix of 3 or 4 cheeses such as mozzarella, parmesan, and fontina.
**If cherry tomatoes are not in season, your favorite sun-dried tomatoes are nice alternative.