Fiesta Bean & Cheese Bake
This recipe has become so popular with our guests, we share it here with you!
- 1 can (15oz.) Mexican style chili beans, drained
- 1 can (15oz.) black beans, drained
- 1 can (15oz.) corn, drained (optional)
- 1 can (15oz.) diced southwestern style tomatoes, drained (optional)
- 1 can (7oz.) chopped green chilis
- 16 eggs
- 1 C. cottage cheese
- 3 tsp. taco seasonings (See Cook's Note)
- 1 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 4 C. Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 corn tortillas, cut into 8 triangle wedges
- 16 grape tomatoes, cut in ½
- ½ C. salsa
- ½ C. sour cream
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- Fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 9” pie dish or 12 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
In large bowl combine the first five ingredients (chili beans, black beans, corn, tomatoes and green chilis). Stir thoroughly to mix.
In a blender mix eggs, cottage cheese and taco seasoning until smooth. Pour into vegetable mixture. Add in dried onion and cheeses stirring until just combined.
Line prepared baking dishes with 1/2 the cut tortilla wedges, overlapping to form a crust. Pour egg and cheese mixture on top of the tortilla wedges. Distribute the remaining tortilla wedges on top of the mixture, turning to coat.
Bake 30-45 minutes in preheated oven until firm. Slice and serve with your choice of garnishes (e.g.: grape tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, minced cilantro or even more cheese!).
*Cook's Note: Make your own taco seasoning by combining 2 tsp. chili powder, 1/2 tsp. each of cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika and a pinch of cayenne pepper, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper.