Mrs. Beazley's Ratatouille
When our gardens were busy producing an abundance of zucchini & tomatoes one summer we developed this recipe as a side dish to our fritattas. It was so well received we continued to serve it year round as Californians are always blessed with fresh vegetables in our markets.
- 4-5 small zucchini & yellow crook neck squash, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- several cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- eggplant (optional), chopped
- 1-2 tsp. of Mrs. Dash Garlic Herb seasoning
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. granulated onion
- olive oil for sauteeing
- feta cheese (crumbled)
Chop all vegetables into cubes to roughly the same size. Sprinkle with seasonings. Sautee all (holding back tomatoes) in olive oil just until crisp tender. Add tomatoes cooking just until soft.
Pour into serving plate & sprinkle feta cheese over vegetables. Serve immediately.