How the Beazley House “Went to the Dogs”
Oct. 10, 2017 | by Jim Beazley
It all began when we hosted our first “guest dog, Molly”. She was the beloved pet of guests who had stayed with us year after year as they returned to see a favorite grandmother. Gretchen and Steve began rescuing retired Greyhounds, so we hosted them too. After all, they came twice a year to visit Grandma, they were like our family too.
Years later we added Sissy and Tummy, our Golden Retrievers, to our Beazley family. And eventually Pumpkin followed, after Sissy passed away.
After traveling with our pooches, we learned just how difficult it was to find a place that would welcome our “furry children” too. Then we recognized there was no place else in Napa so uniquely situated as the Beazley House to host dogs with guests. Here we were with our experience, our dogs, our wonderful gardens and surrounding neighborhoods it was a perfect opportunity.
The Beazley House became officially DOG FRIENDLY.
This was possible because of a few very VITAL factors:
- Guests who travel with their dogs know just how it’s done.
- They follow our pet policies.
- We have SUPER housekeepers who deep clean our rooms after each pet’s visit.
- Dogs are easier to host than kids. They behave. They listen to their owners. They are on a leash.
- Sometimes they’re in a harness or carry bag. They are with “mom and dad.” Life is good.